So, I’m finally moving into my first green building! We’ve moved into one of the apartments at the top of Crescent Hall. Erik has posted some pictures at colorjedi.tumblr.com, such as:
- the rainwater bioswale system you can see
- shading structures to keep the direct sun out
- some solar panels on the rooftops
- double-glazed windows and insulation to keep the cool air in
- air conditioners that are paid for with usage cards, so users can track how much that luxury is costing them
- water heaters that benefit from waste heat from air conditioner use, and have “eco” mode (only heat on demand) as a default, and a vacation mode to not heat at all
Learn more about NTU’s sustainable building efforts here.